Join the Mobilization on 7 October!
October 7 is the WORLD DAY FOR DECENT WORK, another global moment for us to show our solidarity with all domestic workers around the world.
Are you with us? Do you want to be part of this process?
Engage and join us. Here’s how:
- Organize and mobilize domestic workers in your community!
- Send petition letters to your government calling for the ratification of the ILO Convention 189 on domestic work!
- Organize dialogues with your government representatives, the ministry of labour, members of parliament to call for a national law protecting domestic workers rights!
- Start a postcard campaign calling for governments to enact a national law recognizing domestic workers as workers!
- Share stories of domestic workers mobilizing and organizing for decent work!
- Get creative…
- Use the #OurHands logo for your campaign materials and post in facebook or twitter (don’t forget to use the hashtag: #OurHands and tag our Facebook page)
- Organize street theatre highlighting the lives of domestic workers and their family members. Take photos of the event and post in on Facebook and Twitter, tagging #OurHands in your post
- Post photos of all your activities on Facebook and use the hashtag: #OurHands and tag the #OurHands Facebook page
- Join us online and start your own conversations, interact with our Facebook and Twitter community!
- Invite friends to like the #OurHands Facebook page / follow us on Twitter
It’s in #OurHands to make a difference! Start now!